If you’re a Veteran struggling with traumatic brain injury and/or post traumatic stress, then the V-T3 project may be for you. You’ll learn to use the BEST Suite app and cognitive strategies in an online, anytime, anywhere environment to to help you develop a structure you can count on to re-establish a sense of normalcy and improve your quality of life. V-T3 will help empower you to achieve both personal and professional goals and increase everyday success. You’ll become part of an online community where you can learn and share together.
Why this project matters
TBI/PTSD are signature medical conditions associated with Operations Iraqi Freedom (OIF) and Enduring Freedom (OEF). Although each condition has its unique challenges, they can share issues in multiple realms:
The behavioral and physical challenges of injury are often more “visible” and thus get addressed first and foremost. As a result, any ongoing cognitive issues related to executive function (e.g., organization, time management, decision making, self-regulation, etc.) can be overlooked and may result in poor initiation, loss of structure, and/or decreased self-confidence and self-esteem. These cognitive challenges can significantly impact a person’s ability to successfully maintain a job, go to school, and/or perform necessary responsibilities at home.
How do you know if this is worth trying?
I need to do."
the energy to
get things done."
what I've already
How to get involved
You’ll will work with a trained guide/mentor to learn the BEST Suite app and how it can be used to improve daily success.
What you need to do
If you’re interested, we’d like you to:
- Complete our brief information form so we can call you about the project
- Complete all project-related online courses
- Participate in several live & recorded webinars
- Pass a functional assessment for each of the BEST Suite apps
- Share access to BEST Suite app information to help mentors help them in using the app effectively
If you join us, you’ll complete the following trainings (total of ~4-5 hours over 2-3 weeks):
- Introduction to Cognitive Rehabilitation (~1 hour)
- BEST Suite Overview (~ 45 minutes)
- BEST Suite App (2 of the following trainings)
- PaceMyDay (~ 90 minutes)
- ReachMyGoals (~ 90 minutes)
- StrategizeMyLife (~ 45 minutes)
- CompleteMyToDos (~ 60 minutes)
BEST Suite Functional Assessment
You’ll pass the BEST Suite functional assessment with 80% accuracy and demonstrate the ability to integrate the BEST Suite into your daily life.
Share BEST Suite App Data
You’ll share samples of your BEST Suite data with your guide/mentor, and other appropriate project staff, for the duration of the project. Data will only be used for the purpose of this project.
Upcoming trainee orientations (30 minutes):
- Monday, November 9 @ 5:30 PM PST
- Wednesday, November 11 @ 6:00 PST
- Saturday, November 14 @ 3:00 PM PST
- Wednesday, November 18 @ 1:00 PM PST
- Thursday, November 19 @ 5:00 PM PST
- Saturday, November 21 @ 12:00 PM PST
- Tuesday, November 24 @ 3:30 PM PST
- Tuesday, November 24 @ 7:30 PM PST
Schedule a call to learn more and to register for one of our orientation sessions.